This 7-day Professional CPD programme is designed for those interested in developing their understanding and skill in facilitating groups and training. The programme is ideally suited for individuals in the helping professions and/or those who are interested in delivering training in their organisation, or joining a training team in an organisational setting, or stepping into offering CPD sessions. The programme will integrate input on theory with experiential learning activities and group discussion plus opportunities to practice in small groups. There will also be opportunities to practice facilitating the larger group.
- Planning and preparing a session/programme
- Facilitation skills and styles of facilitating
- Stages of group development, group dynamics, the roles people take in a group
- The role of a facilitator and types of interventions used with groups
- Creative-experiential learning
- Professional issues and responsibilities
- Evaluation, assessment and endings
Day 1 – Planning and Preparation
- Introductions, learning styles and ways of learning, creating and presenting a programme plan
Day 2 – Facilitation Skills and styles of facilitation
- The difference between presenting and facilitation, types of groups and interventions and managing the training/group process
Day 3 – Group Development and Group Dynamics
- Stages of group development, individual processes and the impact of individual process on group dynamics, working with difference, diversity and inclusion
Day 4 – The Role of the Facilitator/Trainer
- The role of the trainer: power, authority, influence: the power of authenticity and presence, working with vulnerability, professional responsibilities
Day 5 – Remote Training and Facilitation – Online
- Creating a group environment online, the impact of working online for the programme and participants, technical issues
Day 6 – Creative Experiential Processes
- The value of creativity for learners and learning, working with different mediums, integrating different mediums into a programme/group process
Day 7 – Evaluation, Assessment and Endings
Designing an evaluation process, assessment and feedback, programme evaluation and endings
The programme consists of three stand alone study days and two weekends. All training days will be held at the Persona Centre, Grove House, Uddingston, G71 5PH. Each day will start at 9.30am and finish by 4.30pm
Weekend: Saturday February 24th and Sunday February 25th 2024
Study Day: Sunday March 24th 2024
Study Day: Sunday April 21st 2024
Study Day: Sunday May 19th 2024 ONLINE
Weekend: Saturday June 1st and Sunday June 2nd
Course Requirements: In order to complete the course participants are expected to meet the following requirements:
- Attendance: the course requirement for successful completion is attendance at every training day. It is understood that unforeseen circumstances do occur and it is suggested that students discuss with tutors anything that comes up which may prevent them from attending any part of the training as soon as they become aware of this.
- Active participation in group activities during the study days
- The submission of a Statement of Learning and Development and Assessment of Competence (2500 words) at the end of the programme.
- Maintenance of a Reflective Journal throughout the programme (not for submission)
The cost of the programme is £950. A deposit of £150 is required to secure your place on the programme. The remaining course fees can be made as one instalment of £800 or as 4 separate instalments of £200 due monthly from February 16th 2024.
Click here to download the course information leaflet.
Closing date for applications is Friday February 2nd 2024
Please note there will be a minimum number of participants for the programme to commence. The course will be limited to a maximum of 12 participants
If you have an enquiry or want to request further information: either complete the form on the ‘Contact Us’ page, or email
email@example.com or call us on 0330 202 0283