Persona was founded in 1995 as a not-for-profit organisation with the specific purpose of providing personal and professional development opportunities focused on inter-personal relationships and counselling founded on the principles of the Person-Centred approach
The Persona Diploma Programme has been professionally accredited by the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy since 2000 and academically validated at post graduate level since 2007. Firstly, with the University of Stirling and subsequently with the University of Aberdeen. Our programme validation with the University of Aberdeen expires in 2023 when our current programmes are completed, and we will not be renewing this. As an alternative, Persona has confirmed the independent Academic Credit Rating for its programme with the Scottish Qualifications Authority (SQA) at post-graduate level 11 using the Scottish Credit and Qualifications Framework (SCQF 120 credit points).
Persona currently offers:
- Foundation Certificate in Counselling Skills
- Diploma in Counselling and Psychotherapy (accredited by BACP)
- Certificate in Clinical Supervision
- Diploma in Counselling for Children and Young People
- Group Facilitation and Training Skills
- Encounter Group
Persona offers a range of residential and non-residential programmes designed and facilitated to support the development of personal awareness and insight, clear communication and the development of healthy relationships in our personal lives and in the workplace. The programmes are applicable to our personal and working lives, although some have a particular focus which are more relevant to one sphere.
Persona offers a range of programmes designed specifically for the workplace. Our approach integrates the insights and expertise gained from an in-depth understanding of the psychology of individual and organisational development with current business development practices in the development of these bespoke programmes. Over the years, we have provided a range of different programmes; long-term training programme in applied counselling skills, intensive workshops, one-to-one coaching, team-development events, and mediation/mentoring programmes.
Persona Staff Team
The Persona team comprise a senior management team, a training team, and an administration team. The senior management team all have a business background and are experienced therapists, trainers, facilitators and clinical supervisors. The training team are all experienced counsellors, psychotherapists and supervisors as well as trainers and facilitators.
Persona is an organisational member of the British Association for Counselling and Psychotherapy and abide by the professional quality and ethical standards of the organisation.
Persona’s mission is to
- Offer high quality personal and professional development programmes which provide a learning environment founded on person-centred principles
- Offer professional training and development programmes which affirm individuals as learners and provide them with a sound theoretical and clinical framework on which to base a professional and ethical practice.
- Promote excellence in clinical competence through the provision of managed placement opportunities for students, interns and practitioners
- Support the ongoing development of the counselling profession by providing counselling, training, facilitation and research opportunities for students and practitioners.