This 7-day, 60-hour Professional CPD programme is designed for those interested in developing their understanding and skill in facilitating groups and training. The programme is ideally suited for individuals in the helping professions and/or those who are interested in delivering training in their organisation, or joining a training team in an organisational setting, or stepping into offering CPD sessions. The programme will integrate input on theory with experiential learning activities and group discussion plus opportunities to practice in small groups. There will also be opportunities to practice facilitating the larger group.
- Planning and preparing a session/programme
- Facilitation skills and styles of facilitating
- Stages of group development, group dynamics, the roles people take in a group
- The role of a facilitator and types of interventions used with groups
- Creative-experiential learning
- Professional issues and responsibilities
- Evaluation, assessment and endings
The programme consists of three study days and two weekends. Study days will be held at the Persona Centre, Grove House, Uddingston, G71 5PH. The weekends will consist of a study day at the Persona Centre on Saturday, followed by supper, an evening session and overnight at the Conforti Institute followed by a Study Day at Conforti on the Sunday. The programme will run from 9.30-5.30.
Day 1 Planning and Preparation
- Introductions, learning styles and ways of learning, creating and presenting a programme plan
Day 2 Facilitation Skills and styles of facilitation
- The difference between presenting and facilitation, types of groups and interventions and managing the training/group process
Day 3 Group Development and Group Dynamics
- Stages of group development, individual processes and the impact of individual process on group dynamics, working with difference, diversity and inclusion
Day 4 The Role of the Facilitator/Trainer
- The role of the trainer: power, authority, influence: the power of authenticity and presence, working with vulnerability, professional responsibilities
Day 5 Remote Training and Facilitation – Online
- Creating a group environment online, the impact of working online for the programme and participants, technical issues
Day 6 Creative Experiential Processes
- The value of creativity for learners and learning, working with different mediums, integrating different mediums into a programme/group process
Day 7 Evaluation, Assessment and Endings
Designing an evaluation process, assessment and feedback, programme evaluation and endings
Study Day Sunday February 26th 2023 at Persona, Grove House, Uddingston
Study Day Sunday March 19th 2023 at Persona, Grove House, Uddingston
Weekend Saturday April 29th at Grove House + evening and overnight at The Conforti Institute
Sunday April 30th at The Conforti Institute
Study Day: Sunday May 21st Online
Weekend Saturday June 24th at Grove House + evening and overnight @ Conforti
Sunday June 25th @ The Conforti Institute
The cost of the programme is £1,100. A deposit of £100 is required to secure your place on the programme. A payment plan is available on request.
The programme is open to anyone who is interested. If you are interested in participating in the programme, please send us an email firstname.lastname@example.org to tell us why you’re interested and what you would like to gain from participating.
Please note there will be a minimum number of students required for the programme to commence.
If you have an enquiry or want to request further information: either complete the form on the ‘Contact Us’ page, or email
email@example.com or call us on 0330 202 0283